Sunday, May 21

Recipe - Tajine in a slow cooker

I've had a slow cooker for a while but not been able to find or invent any good vegan recipes. I decided to have another crack at it & I thought that a spicy stew should work okay. I googled for a few tajine recipes (spelling it correctly was the main obstacle to my research) and came up with a few ingredients. Then I bunged them in, and turned it on.

  • 1 large aubergine, diced
  • 4 portobello mushrooms, diced
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 cup (approx) dried chickpeas, soaked over night then rinsed
  • 1 tin chopped tomatoes
  • some pine nuts
  • black pepper
  • chili
  • coriander
  • cumin
  • cinnamon
  • garlic
  • tomato puree
  • a dash olive oil
  • 3 cups stock
Not much preparation required, and after eight hours it was surprisngly edible. Now I need an electrical timer so I can cook in the morning and come home to a lovely hot meal

No comments: