Monday, May 8

a bit of culture

i went to the theatre this weekend. it makes me feel sophisticated, like drinking wine that costs more than five quid a bottle.

the play was at the west yorkshire playhouse (in leeds) and it was "foxes" by Alice Nutter. i didn't know until i started researching this blog entry that Ms Nutter had left leeds' favourite anarcho-punk collective Chumbawamba, and though this is sad (in an "end of an era" way) I can imagine that after 20+ years anyone would feel like a bit of a change

Anyway, the play was excellent. A look at the interaction between asylum seekers and the "host" community. Funny in parts and sad in other parts, like tragicomedies usually are. If it was still on I'd tell you all to go and see it. As it is, just go and see what ever else she writes. Thanks for getting me the ticket Mum.

and this is my favourite chumbawamba song. great for singing tunelessly when drunk

That's How Grateful We Are button which plays an MP3 file

Fruit & veg today? - pak choi, celery, an orange and a banana
Exercise today? - 40 sit-ups
Hours of sleep I'm going to get tonight? - nearly eight

No comments: