Wednesday, May 24

Recipe - split pea soup in a slow cooker

a mighty slow cooker triumph today. I got my timer switch and this morning I chopped up a couple of onions and a courgette, and put them in the pot with some pre-soaked pulses (120g each of split peas, green lentils and red lentils, soaked overnight and rinsed) and a tin of chopped tomatoes. Also some stock, some ground pepper and some cumin seeds, some sun-dried tomatoes and two bay leaves. I set the timer for 11am and crossed my fingers
when I got home the house smelt of food, and after a quick blend, I had a bowl of delicious dinner. my soup making technique has changed forever


In other news, I have given in my notice, only working another 11 days in my present job. Eleven busy days if I get all the stuff done they want me to do before I go.

Fruit & veg today? - some leafy salad stuff, prob a banana and a kiwi fruit later
Exercise today? - prob some sit-ups later
Hours of sleep I'm going to get tonight? - hoping for about 8 hours, if I don't procrastinate too long

No comments: