Monday, December 4

vegan sushi

"sushi" apparently doesn't mean 'raw fish' but 'something edible made with rice and vinegar'
It's taken me a while to build up my stock of sushi ingredients (seaweed, sticky rice, grain vinegar and wasabi) but on saturday I got my stuff together. I still haven't mastered the technique. I think ideally the contents (I used red pepper, cucumber, cashew nut pieces and some other stuff. Would have used avocado but it wasn't ripe) would be in the centre of the rice but mine were usually located eccentrically.
As these photos show. Tasty though.

Currently reading: Nick Cave - And the Ass Saw the Angel Actually I finished it today, second time I've read it. Sometimes funny, often disturbing. Fascinating prose: the reader works out what has happened from the internal monologue of the main character, even though  the character can't work it out. Sometimes I wanted to look away but I had to find out how it ended.

Currently listening to: THE FALL - THE REAL NEW FALL LP (FORMERLY 'COUNTRY ON THE CLICK')

No comments: