Thursday, December 21

shortest day/longest night

after today the days get longer (at least for my readers in the northern hemisphere) which is good. I like to see sunlight, other light just isn't the same colour. And warmer weather should follow which is another plus.
I've been thinking about musicians whose output doesn't really grab me, but who have done one song that I think is brilliant. Sometimes the phrase "one hit wonder" would apply, sometimes a particular song scores with me because it has played in a film or a significant moment of my life. It's recently been suggested that I pretend to like strange stuff just to confuse people. Anyway, here is the track listing for the all-time greatest, one-off track compilation tape that never existed.

Ten Pole Tudor Swords of a Thousand Men
Edith Piaf Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien
Screaming J Hawkins I put a spell on you
Martha & the Muffins Echo Beach
The Only Ones Another Girl, Another Planet

Five songs isn't really enough for a decent compilation tape, if anyone has any suggestions please comment....

Fruit & veg today? - ample
Exercise today? - nil
Hours of sleep I'm going to get tonight? - should be okay for 8 or thereabouts

2 comments:

Matt said...

Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil
Leon Redbone - So Relax

Matt said...

The stranglers - Always the sun