Wednesday, December 13

Avoid spam

I was taking a web survey and they wanted an email address. I hate spam, so I gave them a shot of mailinator.
Mailinator is like webmail, but disposeable. You pick an email address e.g. matt@mailinator.com and if anyone sends email to it then it shows up in a totally non-private way on the site. Did anyone send mail to that address? Probably, it's a pretty common name - take a look
But for a more private approach I like Jetable which gives you an alias for the email address you enter. So it all goes to your normal mailbox, but when you get an alias you give it an expiry date, like 1 day or 1 week or 1 month. If a spammer gets hold of it you'll get the spam but for one month at most. Jetable is great, but it's down at the moment. I hope they come back

Fruit & veg today? - some salad, a clementine and a banana to come
Exercise today? - kung fu day!
Hours of sleep I'm going to get tonight? - 6 or seven

No comments: