Thursday, June 8

my final days of network managering

I'm finding work quite strange at the moment. In my previous job I found out I was leaving - and then I was out of the door - like that <clicks fingers>. It was a shock but it was over quickly. Now I'm wandering about, thinking about the people I'll miss. Even whistling sometimes. And while they are mostly unatrractive the surroundings (not the people) are at least familiar, like the Ally McBeal-style mixed gender toilets

I'm a person who likes to peel a plaster off slowly and carefully, so I guess that metaphor doesn't apply to jobs.

incidentally, RIP my blue o'neill t-shirt. It has served me well since 1997 but now has a big rip aquired during my martial arts lesson. A silver lining to this cloud is that I can replace it with something black, but on the other hand the current line of o'neill t-shirts is pretty insipid


vegetables today - tomatoes and two helpings of vegetable soup (another slow cooker winner)
exercise today - one martial arts lesson and 9½ miles on my bike
sleep tonight - 7 hours

No comments: