Sunday, June 18

moving pictures

went to se a couple of films this weekend, with my lovely gf. last night we saw "Lobo" which is a film about someone who infiltrates ETA. Went into town bybus, which was an adventure in itself. I noticed that the bus in front of us was rather discourteously pulling out in front of our bus, but our driver took exception to this and when the buses drew level at one point he gave quite an earful to the other driver. After we'd gone another 500 yds a cop car flagged our bus down, and since it looked like it might take a while we walked the rest of the way. The last time I spoke to the cops it was to ask if they wanted to check out a neighbour's house where the burglar alarm was ringing. They weren't interested, but I'm glad they can pull out all the stops out when bus drivers are swearing at each other.

We had a drink in the cornerhouse bar before the film, which was pretty good. I like films with a proper story, and well developed characters, and a plot which makes sense. and at 124 minutes it was great value for money

but then, we noticed in the cornerhouse catalogue, that one of my fave films of all time was showing at noon the next day - "Withnail & I". Which required us to get up early the next day and return to the cornerhouse.

The film was excellent on the big screen. I'm not sure how many times I've seen it on tv/vhs/dvd - and some of those times have involved the drinking game - but it seemed like I "got" more when it was bigger with better sound.
Trivia - author of W & I (Bruce Robinson) played Benvolio in Franco Zefferelli's Romeo and Juliet
Fruit & veg today? - tomatoes and 'shrooms
Exercise today? - none likely
Hours of sleep I'm going to get tonight? - 8

No comments: