Monday, September 16

Project Pernod

I've done my ironing this week but decided to blog about summat else.

A film that I really like is "Withnail & I" and I also like to play the drinking game. Nothing fancy, just drink the same as they drink when it comes on screen. Not quantity obviously. But it requires a bit of preparation to stock up beforehand. and I often find that I'm not totally sure of all the drinks that they imbibe during the film. Sherry for definite. Beer. Two large gins. Cider. Rum. whisky. But what are they drinking the night that they play cards with Monty? Some cloudy white stuff? Pernod I reckon. So I bought a bottle of Pernod. Haven't played the game for a while and no immediate plans to do so. Felt frankly rough after the last time and the bottle of Pernod has been hanging around for too long.

Project Pernod is to finish the bottle. It's been a journey full of surprises. Pernod with water is okay but not super enjoyable. Pernod with lemonade is quite pleasant. I wouldn't recommend Pernod with chocolate soya milk. The best I have found is Pernod with cranberry juice. Called a "Good and Plenty" apparently.

And when I've finished this glass the project will be completed.

My lovely gf hates Pernod, even the smell.

Afterthought: is the picture over photo-shopped? The filters on android now are too tempting and easy to apply for my limited self restraint


No comments: