Thursday, November 29

Music - Racine

As I go about my day, songs from yesteryear jump out of the dark alcoves of my subconscious and start playing themselves. From time to time the songs of Transvision Vamp do this, and that happened recently. I thought to myself "whatever happened to Wendy James?" and realised I had three options
1.) decide I didn't need to know
2.) decide that I wanted to know, but do nothing about it
3.) use the awesome power of google to find out

I went with option 3, and it turns out she's now making music under the moniker of "Racine" and had an album out in 2005. Some (maybe all) of the tracks can be heard on the website (link, use the top player - the bottom one just plays 30 second snippets) and are worth a listen. I especially liked The Last American Hero, but it doesn't appear to be available in the shops.

The music isn't much like TVV, which is probably a good thing - there are enough people putting out 80's sounds nowadays. It does still sound like her singing and the material/attitude is similar. A second album is due early next year.

And if you were wondering about the other members of TVV, have a look here

No comments: