Sunday, November 5

sunday

I was thinking about my blog template this morning. I seem to be doing okay for sleep recently so I'm dropping that. Not sure about the fruit and vegetables, and the exercise lately has been sporadic so;

exercise today - 100 press-ups (target = 200 per day)
fruit and veg - none so far

going for sunday lunch with Dempsey and my lovely gf today, will address the F&V situ at that point

update - went to trof and had a reasonable meal. reasonable in that the food tasted okay, but they seem to subscribe to a commonly held view that "vegans don't like food". the deal is this, their sunday lunch has a beef option which is

  • slices of roast beef
  • yorkshire pudding
  • roast potatoes
  • gravy
  • vegetables
and seemed to this observer to be a substantial amount of food

for the vegan option the beef and pudding were replaced with two 6" skewers with bits of courgette, cherry tomatoes, etcetera barbequed on them. which was tasty but hardly going to fill me up. I had a tofu burger for dessert but this came without bread (the bread had eggs in it??) so in the end I was satisfied but hardly stuffed

the thing is vegetables are nutritious but you need to eat sufficient quantities of them

No comments: