Monday, October 16

the weekend departed

Not much doing this weekend, been working. Got out at 6pm last night and went to see The Departed with my lovely gf.

I had heard bad things about the film but it was the best thing on offer within 20 miles on a sunday evening, and I wanted to get out. I was pleasantly surprised though, the pace was fast enough to keep me awake but not so fast as to make it an action film. the plot was fairly water tight (apart from the stuff about computers, which was minor) and as with 99.9% of films I didn't guess the ending in advance of it happening. I'd give the film four asterisks ****

I'm off to B&Q today. While I'm out I may try to get some advice about my bike, which has been making strange grinding noises recently. It sounds like I may need a new chainset. I like the look of the one on the top right here. It costs about four times as much as my bike though. So tempting, £14.96 a month for the next three years doesn't sound too bad...

No comments: