Tuesday, October 24

paying the ferryman

I'm aboard the Hebridean Isles ferry about to cast off and set sail to Islay.The ferry is a bit too modern,I was hoping for a wooden skiff poled along by a dour kilted ferryman but on the plus side this car ferry seems more seaworthy. I've explained to Maribel that if one goes on holiday on a boat it counts as abroad. She seems sceptical. Scotland is looking great-loads of mist,hills covered with trees and heather, silver sunlight glinting off lochs. With the cry of the curlew in my ears and last nights whisky lingering in my head it feels like a proper holiday to me. Apparently there is a cybercafé on Islay so i may be able to upload some photos. I'm really hoping for a decent curryhouse. Haggis isn't really to my taste. Neeps and tatties will be okay though.

-- This Orange Multi Media Message was sent wirefree from an Orange MMS phone.

No comments: