Sunday, August 5

Online auctions, and trust

Occasionally I buy or sell things on eBay. When I tried to do this today I couldn't - I can't list any items until I have set up an automatic method for paying their fees. This seems to mean pre-authorising PayPal on my credit card - which will only happen when I believe that it is a reputable and well-run organisation. While the pigs don their goggles and taxi down the runway I headed over to eBid.net

Looking good here, and my item is listed, but then I got an email. Apparently my account is unavailable until I have provided them with a scan of a recent utility bill and my passport/driving licence. There are very few people who I will trust with documents like that, and eBid aren't on the list

I'm going down to the supermarket to write out some of those little cards that they have...

No comments: