Monday, March 26

a weekend away

took my lovely gf away to Yorkshire for the weekend. did a bit of a walk from Otley to the Cow & Calf in Ilkley And then had a meal at an undeservedly obscure café.

On sunday had a walk round Harrogate, and called in at the orange shop. I've been a bit unhappy with Orange for a while now (mainly the high costs of calls on my PAYG tariff and their habit of passing my number on to their dealers so they can mither me about getting a new phone) so I asked them for a PAC number which would let me take my existing phone number to a different telco. I thought that as a PAYG customer I was unloved, but it turned out Orange want to keep me. A nice lady called Karen told me what they could do

  • calls to landlines or orange numbers were 15p/min, now 5p/min
  • calls to other networks were 35p/min, now 12p/min
  • texts were 10p each, now I get 300 free per month (since I'm not a voracious texter I doubt I'll have to pay for any)
  • 1MB of Orange World access - I'm not sure what this is, but thanks anyway
so I guess Orange can provide a cheaper tariff for PAYG customers. The moral of the story is ring up and act like you're leaving them. My current balance is £7.91 so I'll see if my credit lasts a bit longer now. Karen didn't mention but it seems this tariff only lasts for six months, I've made a note in my diary to call them back in september.

flushed with comnsumer power we then moved on to Leeds, home of the ever-so-lovely Leeds Corn Exchange and a rather good thai restaurant. the courgettes with chili and basil were delicious

No comments: